Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summertime

Austin has been incredibly bored since school got out. I talked to my parents to see if he could go to Washington and spend a couple weeks with them helping on the ranch. My mom called on Sunday and she got the okay from the ranch manager for Austin to come up. He will be staying with my parents and working on the ranch / campground during the days. This will be a great experience for him.
We purchased his plane ticket today, so he is leaving one week from today flying for the first time by himself. He's flown enough that I think he will do just fine, as long as he pays attention to things around him (which can be kind of difficult for him sometimes.) He will be gone for 3 weeks and 2 days, returning on July 23rd just in time for the 24th of July celebrations since he will miss the 4th of July with us.
On the 26th of July he leaves for scout camp for one week. He will be home 2 days the entire month of July! Hopefully I will enjoy the time he is gone, and miss him, but not be bummed out every day. I'm sure about 1 week into it, I'll really be ready for him to be home! This will be a growing experience for him!

No comments: