Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Everyday Life

Having to stay home, being sick, while it was raining day after day, I realized how caught up I am in everyday life and have forgotten to enjoy my life. I was dreading going back to work because of the madness that I knew would be waiting for me, but around noon today I actually got caught up and everything off my desk and moving on. I enjoy my job, yes it is hectic and I have a lot of expectations, but I love it when I am able to provide someone with the money they need to expand their business, to buy a business, or to provide cash flow for them to pay their employees while they are waiting for their receivables. There are so many different elements to my day that it is never boring and I'm excited about the opportunities I have.
I have a Senior VP of the bank that is my mentor and there are some other departments of the bank I am going to experience through the mentoring. The mentoring program is for 6 months, and for women officers of the bank, and there are only 5 "shining stars" of the bank picked to be in each program. I have had so many senior level management congratulate me for being picked to be in the program, so I guess it is a big deal. I'm just super excited about the opportunity of the mentoring program in general. I'm a huge advocate of mentoring and of surrounding myself with other successful women and learning from them! They have so much to teach me and I am such a willing student! I'm going to be able to sit in on the pricing committee for the bank, product development for the bank, and compliance and legal issues for the bank. There are so many different departments and functioning groups within the bank that I have no idea what they do, how they work, and I'm excited to expand my knowledge!
This is all part of my enjoying life and not being bored and just living my life. Last night and tonight after work and after Austin was taken to his respective place (scouts or Taekwondo), Isik, Sam and I have gone out. Last night we went to The Gateway looking for a new phone for Isik (his is on it's last bar literally) and I loved being out on a Monday night. I cannot honestly remember the last time I went downtown Salt Lake during the week. Tonight we took Leo and Roscoe in the front yard and the neighbors were all out and we played with the dogs, talked to neighbors, then got in the truck (with the dogs in the back) and picked Austin up from Taekwondo and just drove around. Again, another night out of the house and just enjoying time with my family and enjoying my life.
I tend to get so caught up in the routine and it gets mundane! I'm "mixing it up" and getting out of this everyday routine I've gotten myself into and going to enjoy life instead of just live life.

No comments: