Saturday, June 20, 2009

Puppy Training

We had our first puppy training class with Leo tonight. I've decided to only take Leo, since he is the one that challenges us. Roscoe understands is position in the family and is a really obedient dog. Leo on the other hand is just naughty. Leo is constantly challenging us for position and so Isik, Austin, and I are taking puppy training together so we are all working together to correct the behavior, not only with Leo but with us as well.

There is a Weimer Reimer in the class, that is 8 weeks old and 1/4 of the size of Leo, then there was a Chihuahua that is about as big as a rat (if that), a Mini Poodle, and a Shitzu. Leo is about 10 times the size of these other dogs. Amazingly he did really well. He growled a couple times and tried to do what he wanted to do, but mostly he was really well behaved.

Roscoe spent the entire day with us. This morning we went to the Farmers Market and Roscoe was AWESOME! I am so happy with him. I took him in the dog park, which was his first time in one, and all the dogs were sniffing him and he really didn't care about them. I would walk away and he would leave the other dogs and stay with me. He is such an obedient dog, naturally.

This will be a great thing for Isik, Austin, and I to do together. We are a dog family; however, I am the only one that has an understanding of dogs, so it will be great for Isik and Austin to have the training too. Roscoe just hanging out in the front yard with us today.
Roscoe waiting for a treat.
Roscoe and Sam

No comments: