Sunday, April 19, 2009

S-P-R-I-N-G-T-I-M-E

I love SPRING!

Everything about Spring is wonderful. The lifeless world around me starts breathing again.

The dirt thaws and starts to crack where flowers and plants are trying to break their little heads through, the grass starts greening, the trees start leafing, spring bulbs start flowering and bringing more color to the much-too-long colorless world, birds start singing again, the sun shines and the rain falls, and on occasion sometimes it snows in April.

The top picture is my Contorted Filbert (Hazelnut), which I have actually named Johnny Depp. The next picture is my Royal Star Magnolia in full bloom. This is the first year that young tree was in full bloom, the previous winters had frozen a lot of the buds. The bottom pic is only a small sampling of the many daffodils and spring bulbs in my yard.

No comments: