Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catherine + Isik Forever


After a "whirlwind" romance and breaking all of my self-imposed rules, 6 months to be exact, Isik and I were married "officially" on December 28, 2003. The week prior we had a small Islamic ceremony, which was an intimate occassion and a special day.

The four days prior to our wedding will never be forgotten. On December 24, 2003 we had a terrible snow storm hit the Wasatch Front and thousands of homes lost power, ours included. At the time we had a detached garage with the only access being the automatic garage door that requires power to work. We couldn't get either of our cars out of the garage, so thankfully my parents were our chauffeurs and ran us around for last minute preparations. The power was out for 5 days!! Our house reached 40 degrees, INSIDE! It sounds much worse than it actually was, in fact it was comical.

The night before our wedding my father had connected a generator to the house so we could get a car out of the garage. There was no way we were having my parents take us to the hotel after the wedding, nope not happening. The morning of the wedding, Isik, Austin and I jumped in the car and backed down the driveway and slid into a snow pile. The car was stuck. Isik stopped a gentleman driving by in a truck and they attached a chain and pulled us out. We laughed the whole time. It's a good thing we were running early and not late!
We had a beautiful ceremony with our family and friends around us. The day went by much to quickly. How grateful am I to have such an incredible man to be my partner through life.



I love my sweet boy!

This picture makes my heart sing!


My mom and dad, the greatest parents! How lucky we are to have them so close to us.


My girls: Tori, Melisa, Camille, (Me), Melanie, and Becky

No comments: